Does PushWoosh support sending push via websocket? How should I achieve use websocket together with Pushwoosh?
Why I want this feature:
- Use case: We need to push notification from backend to our Android app.
- We have a "activity" tab (similar to notification tab in Facebook app - where you can see all notifications "A has commented on your post", etc...).
- If user is opening this screen, we want to send real-time notification using websocket. When another user likes this user's post, for example, we want the user to get notified instantly.
- If the activity screen is not open, I will use global notification (similar to GCM) instead. This part we are using Pushwoosh.
- I researched and found that sending post via websocket is solution for real time, and global notification sometimes can have delay.
Please sign in to leave a comment.